20020620: Slow CONDUIT feed

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>The CONDUIT feed on thelma is an hour beind the times.  Also, the AVN run file
>appear to be much smaller than normal.  Any reasons?
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>206-543-0547                           address@hidden
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences   FAX:    206-543-0308
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Harry,

The slowdown appears to be particular to thelma:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/latency/stats/NMC2_thelma.ucar.edu.gif

Both Illinois and Wisconsin look good:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/latency/stats/NMC2_f5.meteor.wisc.edu.gif
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/latency/stats/NMC2_flood.atmos.uiuc.edu.gif

The deterioration on thelma seems to have started sometime this morning.
UCAR is doing a lot of network work right now. I'll ask if Mike S.
knows if this is the cause for the poor throughput for thelma.

Chiz