Re: WSI Radar "Mosaics"

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, David Ahijevych wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I got the files you prepared on motherlode, no problem.
> But I probably wasn't clear on the type of radar data I needed since my
> decoder doesn't work on these files.  I know WSI has different products in
> the LDM stream, and I have a feeling that these may be a type I
> don't use.
>
> I need the "NOWrad Master Sector" .
>
> An octal dump reveals a different description for the motherlode files.
>
> 0000000  \0   ð  \t 025   N   A               2   2   :   3   0       U
> 0000020   S   R   A   D   H   D             025  \0   ð  \n   4   8   0
> 0000040       7   6   8  \0   ð 003   U   S   R   A   D       H   i   g
> 0000060   h       D   e   f   .       S   e   c   t   o   r   2   2   :
> 0000100   3   0       0   8   -   A   p   r   -   0   2
>

> I see "USRAD High Def. Sector" in the character dump.  Is it possible that
> these are a different type than the NOWrad ones I need?  Do you have a
> different stream of the "NOWrad" variety?
>
> Dave

Dave,

The NOW are under the 8km and 2km dir structure, the MASTER ones are under
the 2km dir, I gave you the 8km ones.  I'll populate the ftp upload dir
with the files that are available.

Robb...

0000000  \0 360  \t 025   N   A               2   3   :   4   5       N
0000020   O   W   R   A   D   H   D         025  \0 360  \n   1   8   3
0000040   7       3   6   6   1  \0 360 003   N   O   W   r   a   d
0000060   M   a   s   t   e   r       S   e   c   t   o   r   2   3   :
0000100   4   5       1   6   -   A   p   r   -   0   2
0000120