20010713: allow for atmos.uprm.edu for NNEXRAD needed (cont.)

>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>

Bill,

Well, UPRM is definitely running the latest version of the LDM and
setup correctly (I did the install myself), but they are still unable
to receive the NNEXRAD feed from pluto or successfully do a notifyme
for '-f NNEXRAD'.  So, we need to do some experimentation on the pluto
side to see what is going on.  This could be most painlessly done if
you would give us the login to your LDM account.  Barring that, we are
requesting that you change your allow line in ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf

from:

allow   UNIDATA|NNEXRAD|FSL2 ^atmos\.uprm\.edu$

to:

allow   DDPLUS|IDS|MCIDAS|NNEXRAD ^atmos\.uprm\.edu$

and then stop and restart your LDM.  Just so that we are on the same
page, are you doing an 'ldmadmin stop' followed by an 'ldmadmin start'
or are you doing an 'ldmadmin restart'?  If you are doing the latter,
please try doing the former.

The thing that is really confusing me right now is that a general
notifyme from UPRM to pluto:

notifyme -vxl- -o 3600 -h pluto.met.fsu.edu

is showing IDS|DDPLUS, HDS, MCIDAS, and FSL2 products.  The only
products that are not showing up are the NNEXRAD ones!  This does not
make any sense to me given your current allow setup (unless there is an
unprintable character mixed in with NNEXRAD)..

The allow change I listed above will exactly match what is being asked
for by UPRM.  Here is their ldmd.conf request entries:

request DDPLUS|IDS|MCIDAS        ".*"   pluto.met.fsu.edu
request NLDN    ".*"    striker.atmos.albany.edu
request NNEXRAD "/p...(JUA)" pluto.met.fsu.edu

Can you tell us what version of the LDM you are running?  If you are
running a 5.0.x version, it could be that the versionitis problem is on
your side, not on UPRM's.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Tom