20010621: missing McIDAS (cont.)

>From: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>

Neil (with CC to Bill Cottrill of FSU),

re: no satellite imagery being received by thelma.ucar.edu

>Thanks Tom. Let me know.

We just cut down the amount of data being requested by thelma and then
stopped and restarted the LDM.  It is apparently getting all of the
Unidata-McIDAS imagery now.

>BTW, my primary is pluto.met.fsu.edu and
>that's where I noticed the problem first.

OK.

>A notifyme is not
>showing incoming MCIDAS there. I restarted the ldm with feed
>from my temporary failover, thelma.ucar.edu, and as you saw there
>seems to be no product there either.  As you can see, both my
>primary and secondary are sourced at thelma. In the mean time
>I think I will request from iita.rap.ucar.edu since I'm (coriolis)
>still OK'd for requests there.

Since thelma now appears to be getting the imagery data OK, you might
want to retry getting fed by it.

A quick notifyme to pluto.met.fsu.edu, however, shows that it is still
not receiving the images.

Tom

>From address@hidden Thu Jun 21 16:55:27 2001

Thanks Tom.  I'll hang with iita.rap as primary and thelma as failover
for a while until pluto can get its MCIDAS feed going again. Then I'll
switch back to pluto primary, thelma failover.
-Neil
--
Neil R. Smith, Comp. Sys. Mngr.         address@hidden
Dept. Atmospheric Sci., Texas A&M Univ. 979/845-6272 FAX:979/862-4466

>From address@hidden Thu Jun 21 21:35:53 2001
>To: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>cc: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>,
>   <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010621: missing McIDAS (cont.)

I will check it right away.  I haven't noticed any missing but have had
alot of other things going on.

Thanks
BC

Bill Cottrill                   |     Anything you do is worth doing
Weather Station Manager         |     well. If you do your best, 99%
Coordinator Academic Programs   |     of the time you will perform
Department of Meteorology       |     beyond the expectation. Chances
Florida State University        |     are if you even attempt the
Phone:  (850) 644-8581          |     task you will perform beyond
Fax:    (850) 644-9642          |     the expectation these days.

>From address@hidden Thu Jun 21 21:44:22 2001
>To: "Neil R. Smith" <address@hidden>
>cc: Unidata Support <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>,
>   <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20010621: missing McIDAS (cont.)

Good evening all,

I was feeding from Rutgers and have switched over to UIUC and things seem
to look fine now.

Sorry for the loss of data for yesterday, I have been trying to get a
couple of days off and didn't check on the feed.

Thanks
BC