20010227: LDM installation support (cont.)

>From: Simon Kissler <address@hidden>

Simon,

>thanks for your quick reply. The server that LDM is running on has two
>NIC's in it. Is there a way that I can force the ldm program to use a
>certain NIC for its communications (can i bind it to one of the IP's) ?

No, but others have machines similarly setup, and they can run the LDM
with no problems.  What is the full name of your machine?  Given this,
I can test to see if the forward and reverse name lookup works.

>It may very well be that the machine is not using the right NIC for
>communications which is resulting in the problem with the allow line ?!

It is more likely that there is no ALLOW line for your machine in the COD
ldmd.conf file.

Tom