Re: Meeting Agenda

Robb,

I assume you will be here next Thurs-Fri for the meeting, right?

Linda

--On Wednesday, November 01, 2000 8:41 AM -0700 Robb Kambic <address@hidden> wrote:

Linda,

A couple comments;

In the dicussion of NIDS, there are 3 feedtypes designated in the
ldm-5.1.2 release.

NNEXRAD this is the feedtype for the NOAAport nexrad, level III (WSI type)
that will be used starting Jan 1,2001

NEXRAD2 this is the feedtype for the level II, currently sites are using
NMC3 feedtype.  These sites should switch over to using the NEXRAD2 asap.

NXRDSRC this is the the feedtype to gather the level II radars data at NWS
before they will be distributed.

I suggest that usercomm review the page on feedtypes because the IDD will
be changing to the NOAAport feedtypes in the next couple of months. Just
to give the committee a heads up.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/feedtypes/

Also, all the image links are broken on Ben's THREDDS document.

Robb...