Re: difax scripts and ps files (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:41:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: Jeff Weber <address@hidden>
To: Pete Pokrandt <address@hidden>,
     Robb Kambic <address@hidden>
     David Fitzgerald <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
     address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
     address@hidden
Subject: Re: difax scripts and ps files

Pete,

I had envisioned you feeding:

sunshine.ssec.wisc.edu
motherlode.ucar.edu
sleet.wunderground.com
datoo.srcc.lsu.edu

These are our 4 top tier primary feed nodes...

This way, you will not be overwhelmed.
Upon your wishes, others "could" feed directly from you, if your bandwidth
is holding up. I think ingesting it to the top tier machines would prove
most efficient and least demanding on Wisc's resources. You would have
more control doing a point to point transfer, but I believe you are not
concerned with controlling the access of this data within the Unidata
community-correct me if wrong here-.

Opinions..?

-Jeff