[GEMPAK #JNF-270130]: GEMPAK 7.2 data

> Thank you for your help.  This gets me in the right direction.
>
> I know this is probably bit out of the scope of this service, but I used
> nagrib2 to convert grib2 data to a gem file.  Each gem file has only MSLP
> and 10m U/V winds for a single forecast hour.  What program would I need to
> use to draw MSLP contours along with wind barbs?

I suggest you use the decoder dcgrib2 to convert from grid to GEMPAK format.

cat file.grib2 | dcgrib2 -d dcgrib2.log -v 1 output_YYYYMMDDHHfFFF.gem

you can then directly access the file in any GD program with GDFILE.

If you have non-standard grib parameters then this gets more complicated with
custom grib files.

Ticket ID: JNF-270130
Department: Support GEMPAK