[GEMPAK #VVW-437055]: GEMPAK Map/Projection Change

Hi Brendon,

While I try to figure out a better way to handle default grid projections vs.
default GAREA projections with PROJ=..., in order to solve the problems on your
machine I suggest downloading the previous version of gdpltb.f, to place it in
$GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdplot2/ and rebuild in that directory (make
clean;make all;make install;make programs_gf)

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/gempak/f96b76ac43eb584f8ae8bbcc854f0887b8a7a04c/gempak/source/programs/gd/gdplot2/gdpltb.f

-Michael

> Thanks for your efforts to resolve the issue.  I'm guessing this is also
> why our MOS maps are now coming out funny?  We're using mostemps.csh
> (see
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show?entryid=5aef7a28-d469-43a2-8c16-e449cc8d7cbb
> for the code) but getting a map that has mostly erroneous data (see
> attached)  In a similar script for MOS POP, we only see values showing
> for Florida & South Texas.
>
> BH
> --
> Brendon Hoch, M.S.
> Technology Manager
> Judd Gregg Meteorology Institute
> MSC 48, Boyd Hall 319
> Plymouth State University
> Plymouth, NH 03264
> (603)535-2818 Fax: (603)535-2723
>
> Unidata GEMPAK Support wrote:
> >> With the upgrade to the latest version of Gempak, we've noticed that
> >> many of our scripts for generating model maps shift the view slightly
> >> for the US such that they feature more of the Atlantic and cut off the
> >> coast of California (see attached images for before/after examples).  We
> >> are using GAREA=US and PROJ=DEF in our scripts.  This seems to be the
> >> case with either GDFILE=NAM or GDFILE=GFS.
> >>
> >> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Brendon
> >

> > Hi Brendon,
> >
> > Thanks for letting me know about this.  I made a fix for grid plotting with
> > proj=def and garea=dset, and it appears that it now messes up proj=def and
> > garea=ALIAS referenced from $GEMTBL/stns/geog.tbl.  I'll get a better fix
> > out soon and let you know when it's available.
> >
> > -Michael
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VVW-437055
> > Department: Support GEMPAK