[GEMPAK #OYU-916141]: Can not get decoders to run

> I am trying to get NMAP2(gui) to run just to display the data on a new
> server...
>
> The current(old) setup has a Gui that the user types ntl and starts the
> nmap application etc..
>
> Is there a config file I can send over to you from this current setup that
> can guide me in the right direction of how I can configure Gempak on the
> new Data Display server so it can run just like it currently is?

Hi Fabian,

I'm a little confused about the setup you describe here.  I understand that
users can type "ntl" from a terminal command prompt to show the NAWIPS GUI
launcher, which includes buttons for NMAP2, NSHARP, and other programs.  But
I'm not sure what you mean by "display the data on a new server", or what you
mean by sending a config file from your new server in order to guide you to
configure GEMPAK.

If you want to launch the NMAP2 program, you can do so either with the command
"ntl", as you say, or directly with the command "nmap2" from the command line.
How you describe NMAP2 and NTL running on your current(old) system is how it
runs on all systems.  So if you have installed GEMPAK on your new system you
should be able to launch the GUI programs the same as before.   If the behavior
on the new system is different, you will need to walk me through the steps you
are taking to launch the program.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, Colorado