[GEMPAK #EVH-332493]: Installation of Gempak

Hi Patrick,

re:
> I'm having trouble installing gempak onto my CentOS 7. One of the early
> steps to installing gempak is to source the full path of Gemenviron in
> my .bashrc and add . /home/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile the following
> to my .bash_profile. However, when I try sourcing my .bashrc and
> .bash_profile,
> I come up with the following error:
>

> bash: setenv: command not found...
> bash: /home/psaunders/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron: line 49: syntax error near
> unexpected token `$TMP_OS'
> bash: /home/psaunders/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron: line 49: `   switch ($TMP_OS)'
>

> I'm not really what I'm doing wrong here and I have no more ideas for
> what I should do next. Any suggestions?

'setenv' is a C-Shell directive; it is not valid in BASH.  If you have
'setenv' lines in either .bashrc and/or .bash_profile, you need to change
it to use the BASH syntax for 'sourcing' a file.  If you are sourcing the
wrong Gemenviron file, you need to change to use of the correct one:

'source /home/psaunders/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron' is correct if you are using
the Csh/Tcsh shells.

'. /home/psaunders/gempak/NAWIPS/Gemenviron.profile' is correct if you are using
the BASH shell.

Ticket ID: EVH-332493
Department: Support GEMPAK