[GEMPAK #FCJ-957227]: GEMPAK script running in cron

> This has baffled me for a few days.  I have a GEMPAK script that runs
> perfectly fine on a Linux xterm.  But when I tried to automate it in cron,
> I got
>
> No protocol specified
> [GEMPLT -83]  NDISP - DISPLAY not set or invalid

Which GEMPAK program is the cron script calling, and what is the DEVICE being
specified?   Are you defining $DISPLAY at the beginning of your script ( export
DISPLAY=:0.0 )?

> What baffled me more is that I have another GEMPAK script that can run in
> the cron perfectly without adding the . $HOME/.profile anywhere.

I would say compare the DEVICE specified for each, my guess is that the scripts
which successfully runs from cron is using a DEVICE which does not require the
X server.

> Is there something missing?  What are the normal setup procedures for
> running GEMPAK scripts in cron?
>
> Thanks,
> Kwan

Ticket ID: FCJ-957227