[GEMPAK #JGQ-519460]: GEMPAK for MAC OS X

> I may not be phrasing my question in the best way.  The software package that
> Rob sent me was customized to run in a VMware virtual machine on my iMac.
> Everything was pre-configured for me to pull data from the Unidata servers.
> If I decide to use the OS X version, would those same pre-configurations be
> used?  Looking at the source code for the IDM, I don’t see anything in there
> that seems to be operating-system dependent.  My assumption is that I could
> just import those scripts into the OS X folder once I have the OS X version
> extracted.

The OS X version will be downloaded as a tar.gz file and uncompressed to create
~/GEMPAK7/ (/Users/gempak/GEMPAK7/, usually), and will not touch an LDM
installation.

I still do not fully understand what you mean by "pre-configured for me to pull
data from the Unidata servers" - do you mean requesting data via the Unidata
IDD using the LDM?

I think you should be fine moving from virtualized GEMPAK to an OS X binary
build.  I'll let you know when it's available for download and ask for your
feedback to make sure everything goes okay.

Michael

Ticket ID: JGQ-519460
Department: Support GEMPAK