[GEMPAK #KRJ-941729]: Injected data into LDM not showing up under "last" in GEMPAK

> If I type "sfctime metar", I see all the dates and times for which
> surface data has been received.
> I notice that after a minute or two, the data stops displaying under
> DATTIM=last, for sfmap.

> However, the aggregate parameters like "last" stop working after a
> minute or two. This makes it impossible to display Watches/warnings.

Hi Michael,

Can you explain more what you mean by DATTIM=last stops working after a minute
or two?  How are you running sfmap continuously? How does DATTIM=last work for
you, what is printed to the screen or device driver, and what happens exactly
when it "stops"?

> Does not work:
>

> sfmap << EOF
>
> AREA     =  CHLF
> GAREA    =  CHLF
> SATFIL   =  $sat_image
> RADFIL   =
> IMCBAR   =
> SFPARM   =  skyc;tmpf;wsym;smsl;ptnd;dwpf;stid;;;brbk
> DATTIM   =  last
> SFFILE   =  metar
> COLORS   =  31
> MAP      =  1
> LATLON   =
> TITLE    =  1
> CLEAR    =  yes
> PANEL    =  0
> DEVICE   =  gif|satellite1.gif|1200;1275
> PROJ     =  sat
> FILTER   =  1
> TEXT     =
> LUTFIL   =
> STNPLT   =
> CLRBAR   =
> LSTPRM   =
> TITLE  =
> HILO =

I was able to get this to work for SFFILE=metar and PROJ=mer (or any non-SAT
projection), but explicitly defining DATTIM=1600 - it's 1619 UTC as I write
this, and using DATTIM=last will attempt to plot 1700 UTC obs, which of course
there are none in the metar file yet.

So, I don't understand if the problem you are describing is the same as what I
encountered just now.   Can you confirm that the DATTIM determined by your
scripts returns data through SFLIST or SFMAP when entered explicitly?

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

Ticket ID: KRJ-941729