[GEMPAK #RGI-969779]: Gempak Decoders

> Hi Michael, thank you very much for this information.I will try to do one
> by myself and let you know.
> You can be sure that I will send you every model I get in order to
> incorporate on Gempak.
> I sent you an email presenting my CEO, and asking for information regarding
> how we can stablish a more consistent cooperation.
> If you did not receive I can send you again.

Hi Flavio,

I am preparing the next GEMPAK release 7.1.1, and wanted to check with you
about any other gridded models which you would like supported.  If you have
them, send me the details, and we can arrange for uploading of example files
again.

> Just one question.
> The navy has asked me if these new models will be incorporated on AWIPS II
> too?

The South American COSMO model is not currently supported, but adding support
for grids in grib2 format in AWIPS II is mostly trivial.  AWIPS II is still in
beta, I'll do my best to include support of the grids we work on together.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO

Ticket ID: RGI-969779