[LDM #IFF-105674]: Compiling issues

Hi Ajay,

re:
> Another quick questions .
>
> How can we get gempak tree under /local/home/ldm/data/
> Do you have any suggestion.

Steve moved this inquiry to the GEMPAK department, but it can belong
in the LDM or GEMPAK departments.

If I understand your question, you want to be able to use the LDM
pattern-action file actions exactly as-is from the GEMPAK distribution.
If this true, then the changes you need to make to the LDM setup
are pretty minor:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop        <- first, make sure that the LDM is not running

edit the file ~ldm/etc/registry.xml and change the value specified
in <datadir-path>...</datadir-path> in the <pqact>...</pqact> and
<pqsurf>...</pqsurf> blocks to be the HOME directory of the
user 'ldm'.  Assuming that the HOME directory of your 'ldm' user
is /local/home/ldm, the changed code will look like:

  <pqact>
    <config-path>/local/home/ldm/etc/pqact.conf</config-path>
    <datadir-path>/local/home/ldm</datadir-path>
  </pqact>
  <pqsurf>
    <config-path>/local/home/ldm/etc/pqsurf.conf</config-path>
    <datadir-path>/local/home/ldm</datadir-path>
  </pqsurf>

While you are at it, make sure that the value specified in the
<hostname>...</hostname> block is the fully-qualified hostname
for your machine.

After making the above changes to the registry.xml file, and
assuming that you have added the necessary 'EXEC' lines to
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf to run GEMPAK decoding and copied the GEMPAK
pattern-action files to ~ldm/etc, and you have copied the
GEMPAK decoders to a directory in the PATH defined for 'ldm'
(we recommend that this be the ~ldm/decoders directory; it
should _not_ be the ~ldm/bin directory!), you should be able
to start your LDM with no errors, and the GEMPAK decoders should
write their output to ~ldm/data/...

NB: GEMPAK decoders will write log files to the ~ldm/data/gempak/logs
directory.  If these files are not rotated periodically, they will
grow _very_ large and start to effect system performance.  The
GEMPAK distribution contains a C-Shell script that can run from
cron as the user 'ldm' to rotate the GEMPAK log files.  This shell
script is named dcrotatelog.csh, and it is located in the
~gempak/NAWIPS/bin directory.  This assumes that you created the
NAWIPS link when you installed GEMPAK.  For instance:

$ ls -alt ~gempak
drwxr-xr-x. 13 gempak ustaff 4096 Jul  8 22:49 GEMPAK7
lrwxrwxrwx.  1 gempak ustaff    7 Jul  8 22:08 NAWIPS -> GEMPAK7

Scripts like dcrotatelog.csh should be copied from the GEMPAK
installation directory to a directory that is in the PATH of the
user 'ldm'.  We suggest using the ~ldm/util directory; it should
_not_ be copied to the ~ldm/bin directory!

Please let us know if the above information was clear enough, and/or
if you have additional questions.

Ticket ID: IFF-105674
Department: Support GEMPAK