[GEMPAK #XZZ-940347]: Problem plotting atcf files on nmap2

Hi James,

If you replace your current $GEMTBL/config/miscset.tbl

with

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unidata/gempak/07b6f65d8a878b09bfbb1e6f38b4845f39762018/gempak/tables/config/miscset.tbl

NMAP2 should load ATCF without error.  You can also just copy over the 6.10
miscset.tbl to GEMPAK7.

I'm going to roll back the miscset.tbl updates until this NMAP2 problem is
taken care of.   Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I was hoping to get
somewhere with this and have a true fix for you rather than a rollback.

-Michael

> In case my initial plea for help fell through the cracks, so to speak, I
> submit a repeat request:
>
> I ran into a problem with GEMPAK7 when trying to plot atcf tropical
> cyclone, forecast tracks. Whether I try plotting the data on top of a
> satellite image(Mcidas area file or gini type) or just by itself, nmap2
> crashes(I don't see any error comments on the command line).
>
> I don't think the downloaded files(ftp.tpc.ncep.noaa.gov) are corrupted.
> I can succesfully view the output on gpmap as well as on nmap2 using
> GEMPAK6.10.
>
> James
>
> PS--I run the GEMPAK software on a computer running Centos6 (compiled
> from source).
>
> --
> James Murakami
> Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
> University of California, Los Angeles
> 405 Hilgard Ave.
> Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>

> e-mail: address@hidden