[GEMPAK #QQC-934366]: Composited single site radar

Hi Brice,

The image linked to in the support message,

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge2/Conus/RadarImg/NAT_N0Q_0.gif

can be created using either of the GEMPAK programs "nex2gini" (output to GINI)
or "nex2img" (output to GIF).  These programs build a gridded composite of
level3 products and save to image format.  GINI images can be output to GIF
with GEMPAK graphics programs such as "gpnids" and "gpmap".

Before you start creating national composites on your own, you could use the
LDM to request the FNEXRAD feed from the Unidata IDD, which contains national
composite GINI images for 7 products (DHR,DVL,EET,HHC,N0R,NTP,N1P), created
every 5 minutes.  Information on the FNEXRAD data feed, LDM pattern actions and
available products can be found at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/radar.html#fnexrad

If you help me understand better the scope of your project (how you intend to
script, use crontab or use an LDM "EXEC" command on incoming files) I can offer
more advice.

-Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Tom,
>
> Bryan pointed this out to me -
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/mcidas/msg04493.html
>
> I am being tasked to do something similar. Would the code that creates the
> composites be available for us to use in our support to the Spaceflight
> Meteorology Group and NASA at JSC?  If not, do you know of anybody else
> that might have code like that?  I'm trying to avoid recreating a wheel
> when someone else may already have a Ferrari.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brice
>
> Brice Biggerstaff, CISSP
> Johnson Space Center