[GEMPAK #WIO-160372]: Error when trying to install GEMPAK on Mac

Jacob,

In February I release a new GEMPAK OS X binary, built on 10.9 Mavericks with
clang and gfortran.  It can be found at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/gempak/ (with login).

For this build I no longer built open motif from source, the MacPorts binary
install is quick and works without problem.

-Michael
Unidata

> Hello,
>
> I'm in the process of trying to set up GEMPAK on my Mountain Lion Mac.  I
> successfully navigated the first 2 steps, but on step 3 (Install OpenMotif) I
> reach an error.  I am able to set the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS using the
> bourne-like shell (at least, I execute it, and no errors return, I'm assuming
> it works at that point).
>
> I am currently working out of the OpenMotif directory
>
> /Volumes/EXPANDED HD/weather/openmotif-2.3.3
>
> Any tips would be appreciated in navigating past this error
>

> c. In the top level of OpenMotif 2.3.3, configure, build, and install:
>
> configure --prefix=/opt/local; make all
>
> Jacobs-MacBook-Air:openmotif-2.3.3 Jacob$ configure --prefix=/opt/local; make
> all
> -bash: configure: command not found
> make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.
> Jacobs-MacBook-Air:openmotif-2.3.3 Jacob$

Ticket ID: WIO-160372
Department: Support GEMPAK