[GEMPAK #QBN-292365]: GEMPAK 6.10 build issue

Hi Darren,

Our GEMPAK guru is on travel at the moment and likely not able to get online
and answer questions... I will try to help.

> I am having an issue with the GEMPAK 6.10 build. I am using Scientific Liunx
> and have
> downloaded the tarball for the GEMPAK source code. I've gone through the
> installation
> guide and am getting hung up on compiling the GEMPAK source. After I execute
> the "make
> all >$ make.out" command, I find the make.out file only contains "make: ***
> /: Is a
> directory.  Stop."

Questions:

- was your 'make' invocation:

  make all >$ make.out

  If yes, this may be the problem.  The invocation should be:

  make all >& make.out

- what directory were you in when you ran 'make'?

- I assume that you went through the various items listed in the
  GEMPAK installation page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/doc/install.html

  Is it possible that you skipped any steps?

re:
> I have consulted the past GEMPAK threads and found them to be of little help
> on this
> matter. Can you provide any assistance?

Hopefully, the solution is as simple as changing the 'make' invocation --
your output redirection above is incorrect.  If that is not the problem,
my next guess is that you were in the wrong directory when you ran 'make';
you have a configuration error in your Gemenviron or Gemenviron.profile; and/or
you did not make the settings in your Gemenviron or Gemenviron.profile file
active before attempting the build.

Ticket ID: QBN-292365
Department: Support GEMPAK