[GEMPAK #NIC-574057]: ensemble plotting

I attached the NTS file I'm using to plot PREC in GDPLOT2.

use the command "restore ens.nts" within GDPLOT2 to load the variable
definitions, then run it again.

The ENS entry in datatype.tbl for me is

ENS          /machine/ens                YYYYMMDDHHfFFF_ens*
    CAT_GRD  SCAT_FCT   -1     -1     -1      OFF/0/0      4

/machine/ens being a temporary directory where I put your three grid files.

-Michael

> I continue to get the following error when I run gdplot
>
> Grid file or template does not exist.
>
> I tried changing to gdplot2, but get a different error
>
> Unable to process GDATTIM = 101205/0500f001
>
> Do you have any suggestions?  -Heather
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Heather,
> >
> > I'm glad you reminded me!
> >
> > I have the three files and ran through them again.  The {ens} is correct
> > and PREC is present, so gdplot2 runs well, but doesn't product a plot since
> > there are no values of PREC over 2.  The thing about values is, you have to
> > check min/max values using GDLIST to confirm that the data values match the
> > scale you expect.  If I set SCALE to 2 (or blank) then the range of PREC
> > includes 2.  If I set SCALE = 0 (no scaling) then data value range is -0.02
> > to 0.20.
> >
> > In short, check your values in GDINFO, and use SCALE in GDPLOT2 to control
> > the ENS_PROB/gt in GDPFUN.
> >
> > By the way, I noticed you are using GDPLOT - I recommend GDPLOT2 as a more
> > capable and robust plotting program (though note it uses GDPFUN instead of
> > GFUNC).
> >
> > -Michael
> >
> > > Hi Michael, I haven't heard from you on this for awhile and with the
> > gov't
> > > shutdown and all, I'm not sure if the ball is in my court.  I thought I
> > had
> > > uploaded the files you requested to the site provided, but I don't
> > recall.
> > > Can you please help again?  Thanks, Heather
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: NIC-574057
> > Department: Support GEMPAK

Ticket ID: NIC-574057