[GEMPAK #GRE-217368]: CFSR Diabatic Heating Grids

Shawn,

The good folks at NCEP put together an updated grib2 variable files and sent it
to me this morning.  It's been added to the GEMPAK source at

https://github.com/Unidata/gempak/blob/master/gempak/tables/grid/g2varsncep1.tbl

dcgrib2 diabf00.gdas.2011020100.gem < diabf00.gdas.2011020100.grb2

-rw-r--r--   1 mjames ustaff 25146368 Apr 30 13:58 diabf00.gdas.2011020100.gem
-rw-r--r--   1 mjames ustaff 24822331 Feb 24  2011 diabf00.gdas.2011020100.grb2

gdinfo
 GDFILE   = diabf00.gdas.2011020100.gem
 LSTALL   = YES
 OUTPUT   = T
 GDATTIM  = all
 GLEVEL   = all
 GVCORD   = all
 GFUNC    = all
 GEMPAK-GDINFO>r

 GRID FILE: diabf00.gdas.2011020100.gem

 GRID NAVIGATION:
     PROJECTION:          CED
     ANGLES:                 0.0     0.0     0.0
     GRID SIZE:          360 181
     LL CORNER:             -90.00      0.00
     UR CORNER:              90.00     -1.00

 GRID ANALYSIS BLOCK:
      UNKNOWN ANALYSIS TYPE

 Number of grids in file:   926

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the quick response, that's kinda what I figured was happening!
> Please let me know if you find out if NCEP has created new tables for the
> Diabatic files.  If not, I suppose we will have to try Plan B (manual).
> Thanks for your help!
>
> -Shawn

Ticket ID: GRE-217368
Department: Support GEMPAK