[GEMPAK #HDW-268546]: Problem building Gempak 6.8.1 on a Centos 6.3 box

Hi Elie,

This problem is due to a recent compilation option added to support fedora
16/17 systems which have an updated glibc/gfortran version.

I need to update the source and provide you with a useable version of
Makeinc.linux64_gfortran.

Give me a few minutes to get back to you.

Michael James
Unidata

> ________________________________
> Hello,
>
> I ran into the following problem when tried to build gempak 6.8.0 on a Centos
> 6.3 box to be deployed later in a Centos 6.3 student computing lab :
>

> F951 : error: unrecognized command line option “-fno-whole-file”
>
> (command line option is referenced in $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran)
>
> So I've commented out entire “FOPT = “ line, ran "make clean" followed by
> 'make all" but now I keep getting the following error message no matter what
> I try :
>

> “pdfbld.f:20: Error : Can’t open included file ‘GEMPRM.PRM”
>
> Please note that I only needed to install the following packages :
>
> xorg-x11-xbitmaps
>
> and
> *fonts-ISO8859-*
>
> Out of :
>
> yum install gcc gcc-c++ gcc-gfortran libX11 libX11-devel libXt-devel \
> libXext libXp libXp-devel libXft-devel libXtst-devel xorg-x11-xbitmaps flex \
> byacc *fonts-ISO8859-* -y
>

> That you've indicated in the doumentation is needed.
>

> Can you please take a look at the attached make.out file and let me know if
> you can find out what the problem is?
>
> BTW, Does this build include the GARP program as well, a member of our faculty
> is insisting on using it instead of NMAp2.
>
> Thanks,
> Elie Saliba
> SYS Admin
> UNC Charlotte.