[GEMPAK #DWM-347008]: invalid grd file

in the gdinfo log, notice it says

 Number of grids in file:     1

and then

 [GDU 2]  Did not find any matching grids.

if you set
GLEVEL = all
GVCORD = all
GDATTIM = all
GFUNC = all

and run, you will see all grids in the file (in this case only the 1) - but it
will list what GFUNC is defined as for this grid.  the GFUNC = TMPC is not
being found, as GDINFO does not perform diagnostic calculations on GFUNC like
other programs which use GDPFUN.  GFUNC must be the exact name of the grid
requested in GDINFO.

Ticket ID: DWM-347008
Department: Support GEMPAK