[GEMPAK #DWM-347008]: invalid grd file

Hi Neal,

First off, the script you're using is doing a LOT of work, so you will need to
check that each step is producing the grids you need for the GDPLOT2 step.  A
way to do this is add a line with "exit 0" before GDPLOT2 is called.  Then you
should run GDPLOT2 manually with the same input as given in the script, though
you should first look at the file defined for GDFILE with the program GDINFO to
confirm the grids exist.

btw

The GDPLOT2 error is actually

 [DG -7]  Input grid PMSL ^130213/1600 @0 %NONE in SM5S cannot be found.

where the parameters are

 PARAMETERS FOR GDPLOT : FRAME NUMBER  1 INITIAL PLOT SETTINGS -
    GDFILE=sfcpress.grd, GDATTIM=130213/1600
    GAREA=23;-120;47;-65, PROJ=LCC/25;-103;60, MAP=0, LATLON=0
    PANEL=0, TITLE=32/-2/130213/1600 Sea Level Pressures/Isobars
    OVERLAY  TYPE       LEVEL           VCORD       GRID FUNCTION
        1    C          0               NONE        SM5S[SM5S[SM5S[SM5S[PMSL]]]]

have you tried GDPFUN = PMSL to confirm that the grid exists?

-Michael
Unidata

> Full Name: Neal Pruess
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: The gdplot2 function is throwing the following error:
> [DG -7]  Input grid PMSL ^130213/1700 @0 %NONE cannot be found. Attached is
> the script I'm running and the output. I inherited the system so I'm not sure
> who wrote the scripts or what all they're doing.

Ticket ID: DWM-347008
Department: Support GEMPAK