[GEMPAK #LDB-474492]: GDPOINT giving erroneous values

Hi Brannon,

Thank you for attaching the grid file and gdpoint example.  The difference
between what is seen in gdmap or gdplot2 and what is seen with gdpoint is due
to SCALE = 999 being set in gdpoint; this results in a scale factor of 1 for
the data (listed as 1500 instead of 150, for example).

But this isn't all that clear, as there is currently no gdpoint manual page or
information in the SCALE page about the default scale 999, which will let
GEMPAK determine automatically how to scale the value (0 = do not scale, btw).

Michael

> Full Name: Brannon Seay
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.1
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> When using gdpoint, I seem to be getting incorrect values at certain
> locations and at certain times from my grid (grid file is attached). Here are
> a few of the locations where errors seem to be occurring: 28.65;-80.75,
> 28.51;-80.72, 28.48;-80.55, 28.57;-80.73.  Most of these occur at the edge of
> my grid area and I would assume that this is what is causing the problem
> except that the bad values don't occur at every time step and some locations
> (28.57;-80.73) are not at the edge. I've attached the output given by GDPOINT
> at gpoint: 28.57;-80.73.  Looking at the values for times at 090529/1001 and
> 090529/1002 and comparing them to the data contoured using gdplot3 you can
> see that these values seem wrong.  Then at time /1003 it seems to be correct.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Brannon

Ticket ID: LDB-474492
Department: Support GEMPAK