[GEMPAK #PNT-311363]: gempak6.6 install help (fatal errors)

Hi Hunter,

For the research user error "Fatal Error: cannot fine resource file (Ntop),
check $XUSERFILESEARCHPATH or under $HOME", it seems that the $NAWIPS
environmental variable is not set, as Ntop should be found in
$NAWIPS/resource/Ntop.

What is the output of "env"?  Are you seeing the correct $NAWIPS and GEMPAK
paths?

Check that either the 6.6.0 Gemenviron (csh) or Gemenviron.profile (bash) is
being sourced correctly.

Michael James
Unidata

> I'm having some fatal errors occurring after the make installs. after i run
> the make.out >& make.out / make install; make clean everything unpacked out
> but none of the ntl, nmap2 nsharp will not load up in the os/linux/bin.
> whats odd is under the terminal i did all the installs in i can make it
> load up the programs but if i go out of it i cant access them.
>
> i do get the error Executable garp doesn't exist when i open ntl in that
> one terminal.
>
> when i try to open them from another way i get these errors
>
> [awips@localhost ~]$ /home/awips/GEMPAK6.6.0/os/linux/bin/ntl
> Fatal Error: cannot find resource file (Ntop).
> check $XUSERFILESEARCHPATH or under $HOME
>
> [awips@localhost ~]$ /home/awips/GEMPAK6.6.0/os/linux/bin/nmap2
> Fatal Error: error in reading GRID table mod_res.tbl
>
> [awips@localhost ~]$ /home/awips/GEMPAK6.6.0/os/linux/bin/nsharp
> finished reading tables!
> Fatal Error: cannot find resource file (Nsharp).
> check $XUSERFILESEARCHPATH or under $HOME
>
> seems like it cannot find the resource files in that path under $HOME
>
> any help on this?
>
> --
> *
>
> ~Hunter Clifton Outten~*