[GEMPAK #AZW-609545]: Problem Displaying Composite Radar Data using GARP

Hi Elie,

Unfortunately, Unidata does not support GARP any more, so I can't offer much
help.  I generally recommend GARP users migrate over to NMAP2

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/tutorial/4.3_nmap.html

However, if you are not seeing the NEXRCOMP group in Radar & Satellite image
products, you'll want to verify that the directory exists under $SAT.  If it's
there, the composite images should display.

-Michael

> Hello,
>
> We're running GEMPAK6.2.0 in a lab of Ubuntu 10.04 desktops, our students
> can view the radar data from individual stations without any problems,
> but the composite radar data is not being seen by GARP. My guess is that
> we're not setting one  of the env. variables needed to process composite
> data but not sure which one.
>
> Any insights you can offer on how to correct this problem would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Elie
>
> Elie H. Saliba, M.S. | Technology Support Analyst
> Office of Academic Technologies
> The University of North Carolina at Charlotte | College of Liberal Arts &
> Sciences, McEniry 309
> 9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223
> Phone: 704-687-5972 | Fax: 704-687-5966
> address@hidden

> If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission or a person
> responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any
> disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information in
> this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> transmission in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and by
> telephone at 704-687-5972. Thank you.

Ticket ID: AZW-609545
Department: Support GEMPAK