[GEMPAK #SRV-366525]: Roads for Mexico

Luis,

There is no current road map for Mexico so you'll need to create it yourself.
The program 'shpcv' will convert a shapefile, where you'll have to begin, to
SSF format.  From there the program ssfgsf will convert SSF into a GSF file.
It should be that simple, but I'll have to play around with it here to make
sure it works correctly.

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Luis M Farf?n
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.11.1
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Michael,
>
> I am trying to use GEMPAK for (real-time) displays of cloud cover in
> southern Baja California, Mexico. Attached is an example (gif image) of
> what I did, so far. This applies the GPMAP program along the STATES.UNI
> map file. However, I would like to add a regional road map to my displays.
>
> Are you able to provide guidance on how I can create a gempak-usable
> product to be added to my displays?
>
> Thanks,
> Luis M Farf?n.

Ticket ID: SRV-366525