[GEMPAK #TED-560332]: snprof

Hi Gustavo,

First thing I would investigate with the error "File ... could not be opened"
is if the file in question can be opened and processed fine with SNLIST first.
If other programs encounter the same error then it's likely the file is
corrupted and we would want to look into why.  If the file is only reporting
these problems in SNPROF then we might have something else going on here.

It might help if you could pass along the script and file so I could take a
look.

You can upload the files to
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/ as they likely won't
fit appended to this support message.

Michael

> Hello Michael!,
>
> Thank you since Argentina’s provinces ploting is working
> well.
>
> I would like to ask if you know why this message,
> when runnig a script with "snprof"
>
> "File /data/ldm/upperair/20110612_upa.gem could not be opened"
>
> Some dates works all right but with another ones
> it doesn't and it appearse that "....could not be opened"
>
> Any suggestion? Do you need I give to you more information
> about our's scripts??
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gustavo
>

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:58:26 -0600, "Unidata GEMPAK Support"
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> It can be seen all our products with the Argentina’s provinces:
> >>
> >> http://www.unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar/index_unidata.htm
> >>
> >> Another question ... Can I??
> >
> > I'm not understanding what you're asking if you can do here.
> >

> >> By the way, I’m using snprof in order to plot sounding and list
> STNDEX.
> >> The question is about how to set it for writing the STNDEX
> >> in a particular area.
> >>
> >> By default it is done on a part of image,  but I would like to know how
> >> list STNDEX in new part of image, more to the right for instance. I’m
> >> using this program (see below) and an output example is:
> >
> > Sadly there's no option available to position the STNDEX text exactly
> > where you want.  SNPROF wasn't exactly designed to be used with all of
> the
> > STNDEX values plotted, rather with only a few, which would be positioned
> at
> > the top/right of the chart, the plotting area expanding or contracting
> > given the image size.
> >
> > -Michael

Ticket ID: TED-560332
Department: Support GEMPAK