[GEMPAK #WPP-695542]: Installation error

Hi Jose,

Your ticket mentioned that you're installing GEMPAK on an Ubuntu system, so if
this is correct, the file we want to check is
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux_gfortran_ubuntu (for 32bit system) or
$NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.linux64_gfortran_ubuntu (for 64bit system).

The error message

/home/jlaraya/GEMPAK6.2.0/gempak/include/geminc.h:57: fatal error: Xm/XmAll.h:
No such file or directory

Indicates that either Open Motif isn't installed on your system, or that GEMPAK
is not able to find it.

What version of Open Motif did you install (what was the full name of the
package you downloaded?), and was it a binary installation or a full  build
from source (which is recommended)?

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Jose Luis Araya
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 6.2.0
> Operating System: Ubuntu Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Dear Sir/Madam
>
> Thank you for your attention in this issue.
>
> I am trying to install Gempak. I have followed the instructions,
> I have even taken a look at the troubleshooting comments you have on
> your website. The problem I face  is that it is not clear to me what
> parameters I have to change in 'makeinc_linux_fortran' so that the
> openmotif software could be properly used. If you see the attached
> document, it seems the problem has to do with "openmotif', but I do
> not exactly how what will do the trick, so that it can be found when
> installing gempak. I have to say that Openmotif is already installed,
> along with the other libraries you suggest.
>
> I will thank any suggestion you could give.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Best regards.

Ticket ID: WPP-695542
Department: Support GEMPAK