[GEMPAK #OXS-251954]: Problem opening certain models in nmap2

If the GD programs are working with these files but NMAP2 isn't, my first guess
would be $GEMTBL/nmap2/ files need editing (unless you covered this already).

Drop me an example grid from your model at

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/

and I'll take a look.

and please let me know what OS and architecture you're using.

Michael
Unidata

> Hello,
>
> I've been having problems opening certain models in nmap2, whenever I
> click over the date in the data source window the application crashes
> with the following message:
> TI_DAYM:  WARNING:  Invalid month =            0
> which gets repeated several times.
>
> I'm running Gempak 6.2.0, and it appears that this used to be a bug
> per this message (
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg05736.html
> ), but apparently theres no follow-up to this particular support
> request...
>
> The models that fail to open in nmap2 are locally generated and
> decoded with dcgrib2 and have both analysis and forecasts in the same
> .gem file, however they do work fine in CLI programs (gdinfo, gdplot3,
> ...).
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
>                 Guilherme O. Chagas