[GEMPAK #PGK-898839]: dcgrib2 issues on Cent OS 5.5 and GEMPAK 6.2.0

I'm not able to recreate this problem on my end, and don't know of any problems
with dcgrib2 on systems similar to yours. However in the past when users
experience issues similar to those you're seeing (FL -4 error, missing grids in
gem file) it tends to be caused by multiple instances of the decoder (dcgrib2)
running at the same time, attempting to write to the same file.  The log
snippet you posted doesn't show this, but are you seeing different process IDs
in the dcmetr log elsewhere?

Can you upload a copy of one of these gem files which show correct grids in
GDINFO but don't display?

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/

-Michael

> ..actually I am now finding cases where the correct output is not present in
> the .gem file for a given forecast hour, but dcgrib2.log does not show the
> Cannot read file error.

Ticket ID: PGK-898839
Department: Support GEMPAK