[GEMPAK #RRR-675368]: ensemble file numbers

Heather,

I believe the problem you're encountering is due to the 128 character limit for
input variables.

You can add an ensemble alias to datatype.tbl similar to the GEFS entry in the
file:

GEFS         $MODEL/ens                gefs_YYYYMMDDHH_gep*
        CAT_GRD  SCAT_FCT   -1     -1     -1      OFF/0/0      4

This requires that the files be named in such a way that they can be referenced
using the * wildcard.

Your alias can then be used in a similar fashion to the gefs alias, to
reference individual members of the ensemble, with a spaghetti plot, for
example:

GDFILE   = gefs:01!gefs:02!gefs:03
LINE     = 30/1/2!29!28

or by referencing the entire ensemble:

GDFILE = {gefs}
GVCORD = NONE
GLEVEL = 0
GDPFUN = ens_savg(pmsl)

Hopefully this helps you with your problem.  If you have more specific
questions about this feel free to let me know, and include any scripts or
GEMPAK program input that you think would be helpful.

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Heather Reeves
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 5.10.4
> Operating System: mac osX
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hi, the number ensemble members that can be listed in
> gdfile is 12. My ensemble has 30 members and it isn't an ncep ensemble, but
> one I designed, ran, and converted to gempak.  I tried modifying the
> datatype.tbl file to include a line for my ensemble, but it didn't work, I
> still get a "grid file or template does not exist error" when I try to run
> gdplot.  I'm not really  sure how datatype should be modified or what exactly
> needs to be done.  Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Ticket ID: RRR-675368
Department: Support GEMPAK