[GEMPAK #QKI-191889]: NetCDF to GEMPAK

Hi Stephen,

You should be able to use dcreanal with some minor edits to either the source
code or the $GEMTBL/grid/ncarncep1.tbl grid parameter table.  I can take a stab
at it on my end if you can provide me with one of your netCDF files.  If you
have one available and can upload it to the GEMPAK support repository at

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/gempakuploads/

I'll take a look.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata

> Full Name: Stephen Armstrong
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version:
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello,
>
> We have some internal netcdf files using the new netcdf 4. We need to convert
> them to gempak grid files or optionally surface files. The netcdf files
> closely resemble the CF convention but not precisely since they are for
> internal use.
>
> I'm looking at the source code of dcreanal and that appears to be as close to
> being what we need to do. I'm trying to modify the source, but I'm having
> problems. Are there any hints you can offer. One of the areas is with the
> table files (.tbl) I'm guessing I need to create my own .tbl file?
>
> Thank you for any assistance

Ticket ID: QKI-191889
Department: Support GEMPAK