[McIDAS #WUE-272422]: GOES 12 or 13

Hi Gustavo,

I realize that you are probably still on summer break, so you may not see
this email for awhile...

The latest version of GEMPAK (v6.2.0) now contains a map file of the
states of Argentina.  Here is the information that Michael James just
sent to the address@hidden email list:

  Hi all,

  Argentinian state boundaries are now available in GEMPAK 6.2.0, both
  through the NMAP2 map selection overlays and in GEMPAK programs (
  $mapfil = histar.uni ).

  The update can be downloaded from

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/mjames/gempak/gempak_upc6.2.0-argentina.tar.gz

  Uncompress in $NAWIPS. No recompilation is neccessary.

  Contents of gempak_upc6.2.0-argentina.tar.gz:

  gempak/
  gempak/tables/
  gempak/tables/config/
  gempak/tables/config/mapfil.tbl
  gempak/tables/nmap/
  gempak/tables/nmap/mapovl.nmap
  gempak/maps/
  gempak/maps/histar.uni

  Michael James
  Unidata

The mapfile (histar.uni) was created from the map outline file of Argentinian
states that I added several years ago to McIDAS.  We now have an easy way
of converting any of the McIDAS binary map files to ASCII.  After this
conversion,
the GEMPAK 'ssfgsf' routine can be used to convert the ASCII file into
a GEMPAK binary (GSF) file.

Ticket ID: WUE-272422
Department: Support McIDAS