[GEMPAK #UYH-961710]: GDGRIB issues

Kim,

The incorrect LEVEL2 definition issue may be a bug that you discovered.  I'm
waiting to hear back from others about it, and will let you know what I find
out.

As for the error with GDGRIB, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the
last grid which was added to your file was

 GRDNAM   = combinedGGT%PDLY

with

 GFUNC    = ADD(THTEGGT@0:60%PDLY,GGTpdly@30:60%PDLY)
 GDATTIM  = F000
 GLEVEL   = 0:60
 GVCORD   = PDLY

however, GDINFO shows combinedGGT saved as

  NUM       TIME1              TIME2           LEVL1 LEVL2  VCORD PARM
  347     080130/0000F000                          0  30     PDLY COMBINEDGGT

Can you confirm this on your end? (in GDINFO set GLEVEL = all, GVCORD = all,
GDATTIM = all and GFUNC = COMBINEDGGT)

If I run GDGRIB as you have in your script, with GLEVEL = 30:60, I see an error
reporting no grid exists (true).  If I change it to GLEVEL = 0:30, I am able to
write out the grib file as expected.

I want to make sure that we're on the same page here, as there are a lot of
steps involved to get to this point, and have COMBINEDGGT written with the
correct time, v-coord and levels.  If we're good up to this point, then could
the problem you're experiencing simply be that GLEVEL is defined incorrectly in
GDGRIB?

Let me know what you find and hopefully I'll have some more info for you about
the GDDIAG level error.

Michael James

Unidata

Ticket ID: UYH-961710