[GEMPAK #DGZ-323433]: Making sense of GEMPAK NIDS colors

Hi Harry,

GEMPAK color tables (for reflectivity, for example) are not organized by
matching 1:1 a value (dBZ) to a color (in RGB format), but rather a range of
colors are provided (from blue to green to yellow and so forth) which are then
proportionally scaled for a range of values (say, -20 to +95 dBZ).

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> I am trying to make sense of the new color tables for the higher-res
> level 3 data.   Part of my problem is a lack of understanding of color
> tables in GEMPAK.   Can you tell me what colors go with what
> reflectivity values in all the the three color tables?  Thanks.
>
> --
> Dr. Harry Edmon                       E-MAIL: address@hidden
> 206-543-0547 FAX: 206-543-0308                address@hidden, address@hidden
> Director of IT, College of the Environment and
> Director of Computing, Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
> University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Ticket ID: DGZ-323433
Department: Support GEMPAK