[GEMPAK #DPN-938735]: no data written by dc* progs

First I have to ask the simple question if Gemenviron is sourced correctly, but
I assume that it is.

I will need to see a decoder logs that contains the error message. We have seen
problems like this in the past that for an unknown reason were resolved with an
ipv6 tweak, but that was on red hat systems.  Attach a log back and I'll take a
look.

Michael James
Unidata

> Hello,
>
> I've run into a problem with 5.11.4 where the decoders will not write
> files into $GEMDATA.  If I wipe out the directory structure, the progs
> will create all of the proper subdirectories, but they will not be
> populated with data.  In the various log files, all the apps complain
> about not being able to write to files.  I've double checked the write
> permissions on the directories and ldm has write permissions (gempak was
> built under the ldm account, no gempak user.)
>
> My system is a debian linux ver 5.0.3
>
> Linux blackhawk 2.6.26-2-686-bigmem #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 21:12:12 UTC 2009
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> There were no serious errors in the make or make_install logs that I could
> tell.

> Thanks.

> Eric Nelson

> Research Applications Laboratory