[GEMPAK #WZM-382925]: software question

Hi Bo,

To begin with, I didn't see any SGMA vertical coordinates in the gem file
produced from narr-b, which contain only the 3hr sfc forecast. I converted the
narr-a (analysis) grib file to gem, and if you look at it with GDINFO you'll
see the grids available (also outlined in
http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/docs/narr_archive_contents.pdf ) don't include any
with SGMA vertical coordinates. So are you sure you're using the correct file
with GDVINT?  It's always a good idea to check the grids in a gem file with
GDINFO before beginning.

-mj

> Hey:
>
> I got the original file from this link:
> http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data/narr/200407/20040706/
> I wish i can just attach one, it is 54 mb.
>
> I used the narr-b_221_20040706_2100_000.grb, 2100Z file, then dcgrib2
> converted the file just fine.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Bo

Ticket ID: WZM-382925