[GEMPAK #JIS-635047]: Gempak 5.11.4 build errors

Eric,

It's likely that the error is related to gcc not using the host's linker (ld).

What are the results of "which gcc" and "which ld" ?

It's possible that you will need to force gcc to use the host's dynamic linker
by setting the environment variable COMPILER_PATH to something else, but let's
see the results of the above two which commands first.

Michael
Unidata User Support

> Michael,
>
> I believe I sent a set of logs on my latest attempt to build gempak, but
> have not heard anything for quite a while.
>
> -Eric
>
> > /usr/include/Xm/ is fine for the Xm libraries, but it seems like this
> > directory is not being found in your library build path
> >
> > Try to change the X11LIBDIR location in Makeinc.linux_gfortran from
> > "-L/usr/X11R6/lib" to "-L/usr/include/Xm"
> >
> > Michael
> >

> >> Had the sysadmins confirm the existance of XmAll.h
> >> (/usr/include/Xm/XmAll.h) and did a distclean and a new make all.  log
> >> attached.  Still something wierd going on that I don't understand.
> >>
> >> -Eric
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: JIS-635047
> > Department: Support GEMPAK