[GEMPAK #KNS-858857]: Graphic windows errors

Hi Akhil,

The error you're getting is a result of incorrectly linking to the libXm
(OpenMotif) libraries during your build.

A quick Google search of the XmStrings error message led to the following from
a user of a completely different package:

http://osdir.com/ml/debugging.ddd.general/2004-07/msg00118.html

  > > I suspect that this is the problem with lesstif library that I have
  > > (0.93.94). But I can't find a way to fix it. Anyone has solution for
  > > this?
  >
  > Sorry. I've found the problem already. It was libXm.so.2.1 laying in
  > /usr/X11R6/lib. (From OpenMotif?). After removing it things started to
  > work.

So a couple of questions:

1) what is the output of the following?

  ldd /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux64/bin/garp

2) did you install the 64-bit binary 5.11.1 distribution, or the 32-bit binary?

3) how did you install the LessTif package?

4) what is the result of 'locate libXm.so'?

Best,

Michael

> Hi GemPak Users,
> I am getting following errors while executing ntr or
>
> airsea:/home/gempak$ ntl
> ntl: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider
> re-linking
> Resource File:  /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/resource/Ntop
> graphic, satellite, radar, fax -- 33 95 20 2
> Invoke ... /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux64/bin/garp
> /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/os/linux64/bin/garp: Symbol `_XmStrings' has
> different size in shared object, consider re-linking
> G A R P - v2.1 starting...
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
>

> For Ntrans
> ntrans
> ntrans: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider
> re-linking
> Resource File:  /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.11.1/resource/Ntrans2
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
> Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
> ..
> Segmentation fault
> Any suggestion what went wrong with my installation and/or configuration
> Best wishes and Regards
> Akhil

Ticket ID: KNS-858857
Department: Support GEMPAK