[GEMPAK #PWS-938510]: nex2img segfaults

Hi Daryl,

I've been able to reproduce the segmentation fault with nex2img, but it appears
that the problem stems from your test case file being unreadable (both in
nex2img and gpnids).

Have you been able to process or open this file with nex2img or gpnids before?
You mentioned that nex2img segfaults occasionally; I would guess that when it
does the NIDS file is the culprit.

Michael James
Unidata User Support

> Greetings,
>
> I have been having issues with nex2img occasionally segfaulting.
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to build a devel environment such that I could
> diagnose what is going on. :(
>
> Attached is a reproducing test case.  I'd be curious to know if you have
> any ideas on what may be up.
>
> I get segfaults on RHEL4 and RHEL5 (both x86 and x86_64) with GEMPAK
> 5.11.1 ... (I haven't been able to get 5.11.4 to build properly yet.  I
> have to build GEMPAK so to build nationwide 1km composites with nex2img.
> It would be nice if the default build supported this :) )
>
> thanks!
> daryl
>

> --
> /**
> * Daryl Herzmann
> * Assistant Scientist -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
> * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
> */

Ticket ID: PWS-938510
Department: Support GEMPAK