Re: New Version of Gempak

Kevin,

We do not have a feature tracking function. We do have a utility to plot the results of a feature tracking function from our supercomputer.

Scott

Keith Brill wrote:
Hi, Kevin,

This is the first I've heard of it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We'll see what Scott says.

Keith

Kevin R. Tyle wrote:
Hi guys (cc to Unidata support),

Can either of you confirm or deny the existence of this new "feature"? If it does exist, how would it be used? Our latest installed version is 5.11.1.

Great seeing you both last week!

Thanks,

Kevin

Brian Silviotti wrote:
Hi Kevin,

I'm working on my thesis and Lance and Dan suggest that I use a feature
tracking program to track the intense surface arctic cyclones I'm looking for. I have a few people I can talk to about their own original programs but I've heard from several grad students and faculty that there may be a quasi-tracking function built into the upcoming version of Gempak. No one I've talked to seems to know for sure what this new feature is, and I was wondering if you knew anything about this. Is there some kind of a feature
tracking function in the newest version of Gempak or not?  If there is,
what do you know about it - what can it do?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Silviotti
Dept. of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, ES-337
University at Albany/SUNY
1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12222

E-mail: address@hidden