[GEMPAK #YDV-233296]: sncross2 problem

Hi Kevin-

> I've got a problem when I try to run SNCROSS2.  When I open a terminal
> and start SNCROSS2 an X-window pops up immediately and there are a
> couple of error messages on the command line. Basically I can't enter in
> any parameters for SNCROSS2 and it won't run (obviously) in any scripts.
> This happened on the previous version of Gempak I had installed
> (version 10.something) and now on the latest version  (11.1).  If I run
> just SNCROSS then I can get an output but it is all in black and
> white....no color.  Is there a reason for this and is there a way to fix
> the problem?  I don't have any other problems that I am aware of on any
> other Gempak application or utility. Why would this be happening?  Any
> help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

We've had  several reports of problems using the binary distributions
of 5.11.1, but others who have built from source seem to have better
luck.  If it's any comfort, my SNCROSS2 binary core dumps, but I
don't have problems with SNCROSS.

I'm looking into this when I have a chance, but we are having difficulty
covering GEMPAK support until we get a new person in here. My next
step is to build from source on my local system (FC7).

Can you save and send me your default settings for SNCROSS?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: YDV-233296
Department: Support GEMPAK