[GEMPAK #OEF-521024]: problem plotting the radar_mosaic_nathr

Hi Greg-

> I'm trying to plot the High-Res National Radar composite with gdplot and
> I'm getting the error:
> [DG -41] Subset Grid is too large
>
> I see that someone asked a similar question in your support archives and
> Chiz told them to decrease the size of the grid they were making (this
> person was generating their own radar composite grid). Since I'm dealing
> with a standard incoming ldm product (FNEXRAD ^radar_mosaic_nathr
> product) this answer doesn't seem to help me.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Here are my gdplot parameter settings:
> GDFILE   = /satellite/ldm/data/gempak/radar/20080304_rad1.gem
> GDATTIM  = LAST
> GLEVEL   = 0
> GVCORD   = NONE
> PANEL    = 0
> SKIP     = 0
> SCALE    = 999
> GFUNC    = N0R
> CTYPE    = C
> CONTUR   = 0
> CINT     = 0
> LINE     = 3
> FINT     = 0
> FLINE    = 10-20
> HILO     =
> HLSYM    =
> CLRBAR   =
> GVECT    = WND
> WIND     = BM1
> REFVEC   =
> TITLE    = 1
> TEXT     = 1
> CLEAR    = YES
> GAREA    = US
> IJSKIP   =
> PROJ     = LCC/25;-103;60
> MAP      = 1
> MSCALE   = 0
> LATLON   =
> DEVICE   = XW
> STNPLT   =

The grid is too large (4800x3000 pts) for  GDPLOT.  Try using GDPLOT2
instead.  You can use the restore file at $NMAP_RESTORE/radar/nexr/n0r
to load in the defaults used in NMAP2.  GDPLOT2 will automatically
subsample the grid.

There's some more info on this at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/examples/gdradr/

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OEF-521024
Department: Support GEMPAK