[GEMPAK #OQO-988563]: gempak

Hi Ryan-

> Ok I have lots of questions for u guys the first is that I saved the gempak
> under home/ryan/documents and I cant somehow get the cmd so I can unzip it I
> tried the gunzip -c distribution_name.tar.gz pipe tar -xvf- cmd and it
> didn't work.

As Steve Chiswell noted in his message to you on December 12, Unidata
does not have the resources to support individual users as noted in the
participation policy when you registered to download the software.
We'll try to help you as time permits, but at the present Steve has
left and we are without a full time GEMPAK support person so it
may take some time to get a response.  That
said, please provide us with the following information:

- what operating system are you using?
- what version of GEMPAK did you download (please include the
file name).

> I do make better at this if u could please call me at 402-547-0165 please
> thanks  so much for ur help.

As Ginger explained, we try to do our support via e-mail so we can
have a record of the conversation in case others need to look into
the issue later.   We have no facility for recording the phone
converstations.

You could also join the gembud mailing list and get help from other
GEMPAK users.  You can subscribe to that mailing list from the
link on the GEMPAK homepage:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/

Don Murray

Ticket ID: OQO-988563