[GEMPAK #XVF-230778]: HRIT format MTSAT data in GEMPAK

Mike,

I don't have any particulars about the data you are referring to.
Is it in McIDAS AREA file format? If so, we may be able to add the McIDAS
navigation module for that type.If you can determine the navigation type of the
imagery,
I can tell you if there is an available module for the navigation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> A data source (NOAA) for MTSAT data recently changed to
> HRIT format. The data will appear as an image in NMAP2/GARP,
> but the software doesn't appear to be able to decipher the projection.
> I was sent the following from the NOAA SSD Webmaster. Do you
> know if there are any modifications that can be made to the GEMPAK
> configuration to alleviate the projection problem with HRIT?
> > Hi, Mike
> >
> > There was a change.  MTSAT has replaced the HiRID imagery with HRIT
> > imagery.  Here is a link from the Austrailian Government which may
> > provide more specific information.
> >
> > http://www.bom.gov.au/sat/MTSAT/MTSAT.shtml
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Nancy
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael E. Splitt
> + Adjunct Faculty: Florida Institute of Technology
> + Research Associate: Florida Institute of Technology
> Phone: 321-674-8970 Cell: 321-427-5424
> Email: address@hidden
> Mail:  Department of Marine & Environmental Systems
> Florida Institute of Technology
> 150 W. University Blvd.
> Melbourne, FL  32901

Ticket ID: XVF-230778