[GEMPAK #SOG-499151]: 12 km nam tiles

David,

I use the 218 tiles with the WRF from Bob Rozumalski's
SOO/SAC WRF EMS distribution:

http://strc.comet.ucar.edu/wrf/userguide_chapter6.html

The wrf_prep.pl script uses a program called tile_prep.exe to preprocess the
NAM tiles.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi guys,
>

> Is there a way to take adjacent 12km NAM tiles (grib 2 format)  and
> combine them into a single custom tile?  I am trying to combine 4 tiles
> from the NAM 218 grid and use that data to initialize a WRF run.  WPS
> 2.2.1 does not seem to have a mechanism to take multiple datasets of the
> same data type and merge them together while keeping all the data from
> all the tiles.  I think I will have to do the merge the tiles outside of
> the WRF environment.  Is that even possible (or sensible?)
>

> Thanks!
>

> Dave

> David Fitzgerald
>
> Department of Earth Sciences
>
> Millersville University
>
> Millersville Pa 17551
>

> Phone: 717-871-2394
>

> Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
>
> --Tolkien

Ticket ID: SOG-499151
Department: Support GEMPAK