[GEMPAK #MEU-566855]: nagrib2 segmentation fault error

Pete,

The USE_GFORTRAN=1 flag is only set for compiling the package by telling
which Makinc.linux64_xxxxxx file to use.

This flag has no effect for the runtime environment.

The na programs can be linked directly to the gplt, but it does produce
a much larger executable, so I don't do it, but it is possible.

It would help to know at what point you see a segmentation fault, eg in
launching, or
somewhere within running the program, and what your input source is. The problem
you are describing could be a Tab" character within a FORMAT statement within
the
code that gfortran doesn't handle and I didn't catch in the distribution.
Can you provide the text output of your session and show me the error?

Thanks,

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> Hi..
>
> I upgraded directly from GEMPAK 5.10.2 to GEMPAK 5.10.4 (using RHEL5) and
> am noticing many Segmentation Fault messages when I use nagrib2 and nagrib
> - didnt see any threads or messages regarding this on the gembud email
> archive.
>
> I downloaded/installed gempak_upc5.10.4_linux64.tar.gz
> I am sourcing the 5.10.4 Gemenviron (which was modified for system
> specific data locations)
> To invoke the new version of GEMPAK.. I killed all cron jobs then logged
> out/in
> I noted nagrib and nagrib2 still require gpend to function in both 5.10.2
> and 5.10.4
> After the errors - for fun I rolled back GEMPAK to ver 5.10.2 and noted
> nagrib2 and nagrib work just fine  (I am still running 5.10.2)
>
> Any advice.. does it have to do something with how the "set
> USE_GFORTRAN=1" is uncommented in the Gemenviron file (my system is a
> xw8400 Linux workstation (HP) running RHEL5 x86_64)??
>
> Pete

> The information contained in this message is intended only for the
> personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
> the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
> agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
> and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
> this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
> the original message.

Ticket ID: MEU-566855
Department: Support GEMPAK